+31 (0)53 486 2287
BTG-BTL offers feedstock tests to its potential customers to determine the viability of a certain type of biomass as feedstock for BTG-BTL's pyrolysis process. This can be part of a pyrolysis plant BoD or a separate paid assignment we perform for our customers. Feedstock will be delivered by the customer (~25–50 kg dry material) and a small-scale test will be carried out in the 5 kg/hr test unit. Before deciding to proceed with the feedstock test we commonly receive a small sample of the feedstock from our customers. Note that at this time BTG-BTL will only test biomass and not for instance plastics, tires or MSW for its process.
Deliverables/activities of our standard test are:
- Feedstock analysis (moisture, ash, CHN);
- Calibration and testing of feeding system;
- One pyrolysis test at ‘standard’ conditions. This test provides an estimate of the pyrolysis behaviour of the specific feedstock;
- Oil analysis (CHN, water content);
- About 1 litre of product will be made available to the customer;
- Summary of activities in a short report including a mass balance and the energetic efficiency towards the oil.
This information concerns our 'feedstock screening test'. Please contact us for inquiries regarding our more extensive 'detailed feedstock test'.